Monday, January 21, 2008

For Our Children

In last General Conference, President Eyring gave a talk about journals, the importance of them and who they're for. So this journal, starting today, is of special spiritual experiences Collin and or I have had, and it is for you, our future children. I will start by saying that I have written in a journal every day for 8 years, with maybe 10 exceptions. Those were usually days where my lazy, tired or sick side took over and I decided not to write. So if you ever have any questions about what I did on any given day or how I felt, there is a journal page somewhere, in some book or notebook with that information in it! This journal however, is a bit different. This journal is for us as a family to come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ by reminding us of the miracles we experience each day, because of our Savior and the Atonement and because of our loving Heavenly Father and because of the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Read this when you have questions, read this when you need to remember how blessed our family has been, and read this when you need to remember how much your parents, both Heavenly and Earthly love you.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Michaela said...

These letters are so so so sweet. I'm so happy to find someone else who does this! I'm only 19 years old and I've been writing to my future daughters since I was 16 years old. I write to them about what the Lord is doing in my life and sharing meaningful experiences I hope they will learn from. I always want my future kids to know how blessed they are and that I, too, have been where they are at in life when they read the letters. I found your blog through Whippy Cakes and I'm so glad I did! I pray that the Lord will bless you with a sweet baby for your family when the time is right! (:

~Michaela