Monday, January 28, 2008

Music

You don't have to play music, sing music, or even like music. But I want to share with you how music has touched my life, and I hope and pray that even if you don't like it, you will somehow find an appreciation for it. Music is my passion, and one of my largest desires is to share that with others. So often I have felt that if music is something I love so much, I should be better at it. I went to a little concert the other night with your Grandpa Wright, Grandma Smith, and your dad, and I was having a bit of a rough night. School was on my mind, and for some reason each song touched my heart. Even opera which would normally hurt my ears, was sounding like angels from heaven. As I sat there, and watched talented person after person, I became saddened with the lack of my own talents and the greatness of my desires. Then, today, I went to a voice lesson that is a part of my Music Therapy training. I have a brand new teacher I have never had before, and he said to me, "we take what God gave us, and we make the BEST of it". We don't need to compare, or wish we had more, or get down on ourselves and be sad. We need to be grateful for what God gave us, make the best of it, and share it, in music or anything else. What a fine piece of advice. 

Love,
Mom

No comments: