Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's been too long.

Hi kids!
I'm getting worse at writing to you AND about writing in my journal, so this entry is to kill a couple birds with one stone! First I'm going to list a few things that have happened since my last entry and then I'll add some feelings and what not.

-Dad and I got to go to New York for a Toy Fair
-Dad and I spent our first day apart when he went to Florida for work
-Grandpa Ed sold the boat,  but before he did, Dad and I had FHE on the lake
-Uncle Bryan and Aunt Karen got married
-Uncle Sherrod and Aunt Sarah found out they can move to The Valley soon
-Aunt Kylee AND Aunt Lindsey are prego
-I'm getting really good grades in my Music Therapy classes
-Dad is thriving in his program at school, of course
-Dad got a new job working at Boon, huge blessing
-Tomorrow is the anniversary of Dad's and my first date


So here are a few things I've learned

-It is easier to not make mistakes than to repent of them later
-It's hard to not get offended but feels better to let things go
-The Savior will take care of us.
-If you pray, God will hear, listen, and answer
-Fasting works
-Nothing can replace family, they are the best
-It's okay to cry
-Sisters Inlaw are special
-Being kind to a mom is vital
-Being married is a blessing that I get to receive every day, over and over!

So, life is wonderful. Dad and I are living in the pool house in the back of Grandpa and Grandma Smith's house. It is so tiny, but such a blessing. We have only 7 walls, and are grateful each day to have a roof over our heads. We're hoping to be able to move out soon, and hoping to be pregnant even sooner! We want to meet all of you precious people! I will love you. I will hold you any time you want. (I say that now, we'll see how long it lasts!) I think you will probably look like your dad, but maybe you'll get something of mine. Probably my nose. If you do, I'm sorry! :) Aunt Markee is pregnant! I am very excited for her. They are moving here soon. They'll be about 30 minutes away, it will be great to have them closer. Uncle Bryan is SO happy! It's because he found the right person to marry and they were married in the temple. Aunt Karen is the best! Dad and I got to play games at their apartment tonight. They're so great. I'm grateful for them. 

Easter was today. It was a hard day for me. Church was good, but I was a little bit home sick. I've been away from home for 2 years now, and married close to a year and I still get home sick! I'm so glad your dad takes such good care of me. It's been fun to learn how each other works, and what each other needs. He is good to me. I don't know if you kids will get Easter baskets. Easter is so much more than the bunny to me. It is about our Savior. And I want you to know that. Maybe we can do something different that still makes it a fun day for you but allows you to focus on Christ. He does so much for us, we need to do more for Him. 

Your dad works hard for you! He studies in school and goes to work every day so that he can provide for us. He's a great daddy already! I love you kids. I'm tired! We went to church, I played the organ, cried a lot because I was pretty emotional, Dad taught Sunday School, we came home and watched Clean Flix "Cinderella Man", I had a nap, we had Easter dinner with The Bowmans, The Dustin Smiths, and G-pa and G-ma Smith, delivered some cupcakes to ward members, played games with Uncle Brew and Aunt Karen, and now I am ready for bed!! I love you!!

-Mom

No comments: