Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One year wiser...

Hello my lovely children,
For the past 3 days your dad and I have been celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Why has it taken 3 days you ask? Well, our actual anniversary was on Sunday, what better day is there than the Sabbath to be so grateful for a husband?! However, that did not allow us to go out to eat or go to a movie or any of your usual anniversary/date stuff. So, we debated celebrating on Saturday night and just decided to watch several episodes of a tv show and eat cereal for dinner. Then on Sunday we got to attend church and your dad went to lots of meetings like BYC and a board of review and a fireside, and then we just spent some time hanging out. Then, yesterday, since we are house sitting at a house that is much closer to dad's work than the Pool House, dad came home for lunch. What a treat! And then, when he came home for the day, he brought me a dozen beautiful roses. I gave him some cologne (he was out and I needed an excuse! :) ) and then we went to dinner which was delicious, and then to a total chick flick! Your dad is the best, and though we celebrated in many superficial ways, the best part of our anniversary is that we are together. Your dad said "The only thing that could make this year better is to  have another one just like it. It's like Utah Peaches, when you have a delicious one, the only thing that could make it better is to have another one." I couldn't agree with your sweet dad more. More than anything kids, I want you to know that I love your dad. He is the best man I know and his love for you kids (though we haven't even met you yet) reaches the stars. He does everything for you and me. He goes to work, he strengthens his testimony, he gets educated, and it's all to show love for us. Your dad is my hero, my miracle, and my best friend and I feel honored to call him my husband. 

Love you so much,
Mom

No comments: